Great news! Power Solutions Group Ltd. (PSG) is looking for a talented and experienced Arc Flash Technician to join our team in the Tipp City, OH area or Columbus, OH area. If you are an experienced Electrician looking for a change, this may be a perfect job for you. PSG is a NETA (International Electrical Testing Association) accredited company that offers an array of solutions and services for the industrial and utility industries. We offer a great work environment, safety mindset and a unique culture for excellence. This is your opportunity to be part of a winning team that has strong values and truly cares about their customers and employees.
The Arc Flash Technician is expected to analyze and review a commercial or industrial facility’s electrical layout and convert it to a hand-drawn one-line electrical diagram. This will be given to engineering team for conversion to an electronic format.
· Have knowledge and experience in electrical safe practices
· Follow all customer specific electrical safe practices and rules
· Be comfortable and capable of opening live electrical panels (with proper PPE) to verify wire sizes
· Be able to recognize and identify electrical wire sizes quickly
· Knowledge of basic AC and DC control circuits as well as terminology of tools, prints and equipment
· Be knowledgeable of the National Electrical Code
· Knowledge of OHSA Arc Flash requirements
· Be familiar with commercial/industrial environments
· This person will be high visible with customer safety personnel and a main point of contact with the customer – good communication skills a must
· Great organization skills: Handwriting and drawings must be well-planned and easy to send and understand
Required Skills and Qualifications
Qualifications and Requirements
· Knowledge of the National Electrical Code
· A high school diploma or GED equivalent
· 5+ years Industrial Electrical experience
· Familiar with NFPA 70E
· Safety mindset; The strictest adherence to all safety codes and procedures
· Ability to read one-line and control diagrams
· OHSA 10 hour
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, stand for long periods of time
· Solid computer skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel/Word
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Associate degree in technology from an accredited 2-year technical college or similar military experience/training
· Completed an electrical apprenticeship program or Journeyman
· OSHA 30 hour, NFPA 70E
· Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference check.
· Have a current valid driver’s license and able to maintain a good driving record.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours, overtime, weekends, holidays and some nights.
· On occasion, the ability for overnight travel
About Power Solutions
· PSG offers a great safe work environment with:
o A unique culture for excellence
o A challenging and rewarding opportunity for team members
o A collaborative team that fosters creativity, engagement and a drive for excellence
o A great career opportunity for the right person because we want to develop talented employees for the future success of the company
Power Solutions Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
We thank all interested applicants however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Magna IV Engineering is a power & automation solutions provider, founded in 1982. We are specialists in Electrical Engineering, Automation Solutions, and Technical Field Services.
Our focus and robust team composition enables us to deliver superior client experiences across a host of industry segments. Some of our clients have been seeking our expertise since our inception.